Saturday, July 7, 2012

Late for JULY 6 - Delta and Foraging for Food

I actually slept in today. I turned the sound off on the alarm clock so it wouldn't wake me up at the ungodly hour of 4:45am, but forgot to turn off the alarm on my phone. It beeped like crazy at 6am, and wouldn't shut up until I turned it off, then I went back to sleep, and didn't get up until almost 9 o'clock. And yes, I did regret it. I was just as tired as if I had jumped out of bed at 6, and felt like I had wasted some Day Off time.

Late in the morning, Breehy-hinny-brinny-hoohy-hah and I headed out for what we hoped would be an adventure, but alas, that didn't really happen. We biked to Walmart, where I spent my last few dollars on a Helmet (now it's Ramen noodles until Payday), then continued to Scott Road. My plan was to find a place to try something different for lunch.


One thing cool about Scott Road - if you cross it, you are in Delta. You could stand with one foot in Surrey and one foot in Delta, if you didn't mind standing in the middle of a really busy road and having cars whiz by you on both sides. I crossed into Delta, and started checking out food places there.


Nothing panned out. I crossed back into Surrey - nope. Crossed back to Delta and went farther afield. Nope. Nada. Well, there were eateries - Dairy Queen, Mcdonalds, Subway, Quiznos, Booster Juice, KFC, Taco Bell ... I could go on and on, but I'm starting to get hungry. I did find this and thought it was Shareworthy -
It's a bit hard to read: MANN BROS KNITWEAR STORE ..... MANN BROS VIDEO STORE....MANN BROS MEAT SHOP


Whoever the Mann Bros are, they are very industrious. Too bad they didn't also have an East Indian resaurant there or I might have got some Mann Bros Chicken Tikka..


Then I rode by a Chinese Dim Sum place, and thought, 'Okay, I'm going to try sum Dim Sum', not knowing what the heck it was, but then remembering someone saying Dim Sum is an experience for a lot of people, not just one -  click here to see Richmond Foodie Blogger Lindsay's experience with Dim Sun. I think it would be a bit too much for just me alone. So I passed that by. Then I saw a Pho place across the street so headed there - Pho is Vietnamese noodles, and both Marina and Steve have sung their praises. So off I pedal, and see a sign - GRAND OPENING JULY 13. 


Never one to give up, I crossed into Surrey once again -
- to look for a place called Chick Chick House - couldn't find that, BUT across the street I saw another East Indian place that looked like a diner, nothing too fancy, so Breehy and I took off again. Only to find a sign - MOVED TO ... somewhere far far away.


So we rode home - lots of nice downhill, although I have to be careful with big downhills. Although I feel like just spreading my arms and legs in the air (sort of like the letter X or in my case XL,) I am a bit nervous in case Breehy loses something important if she reaches more than 5 KPH. So I use a very gentle front brake, as my back break is very squeaky and tends to stick.


And I made this, as I was starving by then - egg and cheese omelet on a toasted bun.
 And that's about all she wrote!

No comments:

Post a Comment