Monday, July 23, 2012

JULY 23 - Multiplying Twoonies, Sober Friends, Mini Donuts and Weirdos

MORNING:
Do you know how, when you start throwing all your twoonies in a jar, after a while you end up with over $3000.00 in twoonies and  have enough money to take you and your significant other on a wonderful holiday? (I don't, but one of our customers knows - all I can do is think, bitterly, that all my twoonies have to go the bus fare to get to work - however, I digress ... )

Anyway. Twoonies aren't the only things that do that. After throwing muffins, scones, cookies, and yes, the occasional donut, in my lunch bag, I finally ended up with an extra 5 pounds.This was an overnight happening, and one that I really regret. I would much rather have $3000 in twoonies, let me tell you.

Pauline tells me she was pulled over in a Drinking and Driving Counter Attack on the way home from a party on Saturday night. No, she wasn't drinking because she had to drive home - she's a smart cookie. Usually. When the policeman came to her car, she rolled down the window, and smiled at him.

He looked at her and said, "I guess you weren't drinking tonight, were you?"

And she replied, "No, Sir, I'm sorry, I didn't drink anything."

And of course he laughed and said, "Ma'am, you don't have to apologize."

He is probably still laughing. I am. And now you know why I said she was usually a smart cookie.

AFTERNOON:
Talking about cookies - I went to the The Outpost Mini Donut Company today to check out their wares. They don't really sell cookies, though - just the yummiest little donuts in Richmond!



I bought a dozen mixed, which were presented to me in a lovely paper cone. I did take a picture of them, but inadvertently deleted it before I put it on my computer. It hasn't been the greatest day.

Yummy wares. Need I say more?

EVENING:
When I was locking the door at the craft store, this tall guy came up to me and put what looked like a Bic lighter against the lock, muttering something about a magnet. I said, "Sorry, we're closed," and proceeded to lock up. He kept mumbling away.

"There's a laser and a (mumble mumble) on this too, but don't worry, I would never use it on you."

"Thank you, I appreciate that." I started walking away. A bit faster.

"I don't smoke cigarettes and I don't watch Captain Kangaroo ... "

Faster still. Realized he was following me across an empty parking lot behind a strip of stores. Got a bit more nervous. Sped up. He finally gave up and went looking for someone else to laser, I suppose.

I'm really glad I didn't get lasered or mumbled, or Captain Kangarooed. It's the first time I've felt unsafe while walking to the bus.

Oh well, I did get home safe and sound. And that's a good thing!

NIGHT:
That's it for me! Good night, everyone. And I mean Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment