Monday, July 2, 2012

JULY 2 - Oliver!, Poetic Licence, and Me? Tired?

What does a hit song from the musical Oliver! have in common with my bus brain this morning?


Wheh eh eh eh ere is summer?
It's not here and that's a bummer
I know it's not in Texas, there's no doubt - cos they have rain instead of drought
Wheh eh eh eh ere is summer?


Wheh eh eh eh ere's the heat?
I don't have tan lines on my feet
There's no kids in the park, and we could sure use Noah's ark
Wheh eh eh eh ere is summer?


Wheh eh eh eh ere's the sun?
It left before its job was done
Well, this could make one cry, thirteen degrees in July
Wheh eh eh eh ere is summer?

Well, it's not close enough for copywright infringement, so I'm not in the least worried. The perfect verses sang themselves between my ears on the way to work, but when I actually got to work, there was only a bit of imperfection left. I don't think it's too bad, composed on about 4 hours of sleep, over a mile walk to the sky train, and standing on that same train for the twenty minutes it takes to get me to 22nd Street Station. Even though it was a sorta kinda holiday for a lot of people, I have never seen the train so crowded as it was this morning, and nobody would offer this old granny a seat. I've said it before (and I'll say it again) - if I was sitting on the train and saw me standing, I would offer me a seat.

Just heard the forecast for tomorrow - more rain, maybe a thunder shower, and wet and windy in the afternoon. Oh joy.

  • Breakfast - Big Breakfast from McDonalds (now that's a crappy dish) and Coffee
  • Lunch - Corn Chowder from Steveston Bakery. Lately their soup has been very spicy, I may have to reconsider My Favourite Place for soup, tiny piece of Chocolate Cake
  • Dinner - Hamburger and Fries, Diet Coke
  • Snacks - Banana
See? NO HOT CHOCOLATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment