Tuesday, July 31, 2012

JULY 31 - One, Two, Skip-a-Few, and Star Struck in a Belated Sense

At noon today, we finished three days of counting STUFF. All kinds of stuff, spools of thread, balls of yarn, and even worms in jars. On Thursday and Friday I get to go in to work and do all the adding up of many numbers, sitting in the back room like a female Bob Cratchitt, using all the math skills I've retained after teaching grade 4 math for many, many, years. Which means that tomorrow is my only day off this week, so I have to decide whether I'm going to spend it lazing around, houseworking, or pedalling around Surrey looking for excitement. 

I did have some excitement today, although I went from almost missing it to almost acting like a tongue tied fool.

Imagine this. You were (or in this case, I was) walking down Moncton Street this afternoon on my way to the bank, chatting with Marina, and we passed by  the filming of Once Upon A Time,

which is very exciting if you (or in this case, I) live a relatively boring life. See that big guy with the white shirt, sort of standing there leaning on a dolly? He was a security guy, and security guys don't like it when someone tries to take pictures of famous people while they are filming a scene (wet blankets, that's what they are.) I had to sneak this phone-camera shot in as I pretended to dial a number. As it was, the two gals by the bikes turned around when they heard the 'click' and I was just waiting for him to come running and try to get the film out of my phone. 

However, while passing by Granny's Cafe (usually known as The Cannery Cafe, the home of the best ever muffins and carrot cake in the Whole World), this familiar looking guy crossed my path. (What went through my mind? Well, you know how minds work - rapid bits of thought that flitter quick as a wink - one of Steve's friends maybe? I've seen him somewhere before, maybe he worked at Rod's .....) and I said, "Hi!"

He said, "Hi, how are you?", and of course I replied, "Fine, thanks, how are you?" 

Well, you know how the conversation goes. But mid-way through, I realized I WAS TALKING TO PRINCE CHARMING! OH! MY! GOD! 

I told Howard about this. I told him if I had known I would meet Prince Charming, I would have waited. I don't think he thought that was funny.

But, come on now - doesn't this make you wish you were Snow White?
During a filming last fall, I had the same kind of chat with Robert Carlyle, in his role as Mr Gold. That was very beyond cool, too. Just not as cool as conversing with Prince Charming. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment