Friday, August 11, 2023

August 11 - She’s 16, she’s beautiful, and she’s ours!

 3860 steps today! I’m just unstoppable. 

It was birthday cake and brownies time for our sweet sixteen Jayden. Here she’s having help from the expert candle-blow-outer, Theo. He’s not quite old enough to go out working yet, but this and putting bottles of  water in the fridge are his two specialties. He actually does the latter better than his daddy, as he put the bottles on the shelf lying down, so when his poor old mommy opened the fridge door, one fell out and landed on one of her toes. (That’s me  My toe.)


A few years ago (8, in fact), she had another little brother by her side - but he was only good at blowing the occasional spit bubble at that age. 


Meanwhile - looking back at last night’s post, I realized that the link I popped in there went back in time when I was still in my 50s. Specifically, 59 336/365 years, if that matters. So that might explain why I was so full of get-up-and-go, compared to now, when I find it harder to get up and go anywhere. But it made me realize I have to get on the go more - when the hot weather passes by, of course - if I want to once again become a famous blog writer. And of course, when my toe stops throbbing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment