Tuesday, August 29, 2023

August 29 - It’s not rainy day blues ... yet ... but I’m pretty certain these days will come. Keep checking in.

 I guess I can’t complain about the heat today - overcast and beautifully rainy. Not steady all day rainy, so we got to get up and go a couple of times without getting wet, and just loved listening to the rain when we were home.

I remember the first fall after we moved to British Columbia, Richmond, actually, there was a Meet the Teacher night at Steve’s school (he was 8 years old, oh my,) and the rain was pissing down so hard it was like being in a shower - no, not a rain shower, but a bathtub shower. We hadn’t had a car back then, and decided it was too wet to go out.

But someone reading this blog might remember laughing at me and our decision the following day, as no one ever, and I mean EVER stays home due to rain on the west  (wet) coast.

Well.  Looking back, I realized that rain didn’t always mean my staying indoors anyway, even on the Atlantic Ocean side of the country, especially when the SS Merry Open-Bottom was heading out to sea.



 But - I know the time will come when I’ll be sitting here on the edge of my bed, late at night, complaining about the bloody rain and longing for sunshine, because I, for one, am just someone that can’t be pleased. 

No comments:

Post a Comment