Sunday, August 20, 2023

August 20 - Off to New West to see the tug boats. Sometimes I can’t bear the excitement.

 Howard dragged me on an adventure to New Westminster today - neither of us were feeling particularly great, so I was a bit surprised he wanted to go, but I guess he wanted to walk along the espanade at Westminster Quay and check out the tug boats  

By the way, I still dislike travelling by transit, and had already done the bus and sky train once this past week - (well, if one wants to get picky, I guess that was last week.)

Passed by this art studio on the way to the pier. Colourful entrance.

We had to cross the railroad tracks to get on the river side - I don’t know what kind of emergency would warrant the use of this emergency gate, as there is lots of room to exit beside it. 
Signs obviously installed by Captain Obvious. Unless they are using electric trains, anyone who could hear a train horn would also hear the approach of a train. 
Waiting patiently for lunch at the bbq spot at the River Market. When you don’t know what to order, you just get one of each - basically, a sampler pack for two. 
Right. We brought more home than we ate. 
Pulled pork - good
Seasoned fries - really good
Fried chicken - really good
Baked beans - OMG give me water, not sure what hellish spice they dropped in them, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the styrofoam container they are in melts in the fridge overnight. 
Coleslaw - Not my favourite, made with apple cider vinegar I would think. Will add some coleslaw dressing to it and there will be a side for tomorrow’s supper. 

A whale and me near the river. Reminds me of the old song , 
Do your ears hang low?
Can you swing them to and fro?



Well, we didn’t get to do the walk by the river after all, as the esplanade was closed off from the River Market side because of construction. Seems like no matter where we go, they are either tearing things down or building things up. 
So, we just came home and collapsed. Nothing like a half a day away to realize how low our stamina levels are! Now it’s not even ten o’clock and I’m almost too tired to go to bed!


No comments:

Post a Comment