Monday, August 7, 2023

August 7 - Is it just a coincidence that we’re getting rain tomorrow when Brad is leaving? I think not.

. Today was Brad’s last full day with us, and we back to Steveston to smell salt water again, and  do a bit of shopping.  

 Visiting some old folk by the Steveston Cannery. Hard to keep up a conversation with this bunch.


We stopped at Denny’s for lunch, and once again, I either misordered, or the server misheard, because instead of the omelette I usually get, she brought me an egg-white one with unappetizing filling.  But as usual, the hash browns were really good. And the water with a lemon slice was fine.

Other than that, I had another lazy day. Brad, Steve and Nikkie went out for a while in the afternoon, and I didn’t do much - a few dishes and a few grilled cheese sandwiches, was about it. 

Spent some of the evening ‘chillin’ - listening to tunes and chatting. I mean chillin’ too, as it sure cooled off, and by the time I came upstairs my feet were ready to find Howard’s hot legs. 

Tomorrow we have to drive our boy to the airport at Abbotsford, so that’s not going to be such a happy trip, but at least by now Howard should have memorized the way back. (When I say we have to drive there, I mean Brad has to drive. Howard will drive back. I probably will help vocally, which isn’t always appreciated.)


No comments:

Post a Comment