Wednesday, August 16, 2023

August 16 - They (whoever they are) say you should never look back, but sometimes it’s just a fun thing to do!

Obviously,  I’m not very good at ordering stuff from Amazon. Howard wanted a little Japanese saw for this next (probably unfinished) project, so I did find what he wanted - a 9.5” one. So of course I ordered it. Even if it was ~$60. He’s special. 

So, it came today. The 2 1/2 foot long box was a clue. Even though the ad said a 9.5” saw, it was actually a 9 1/2“ blade with an even longer handle. 

First thing he said - You ordered the wrong one. 

So I had to prove I didn’t. 

He’s going to keep it anyway.  It will probably come in handy if he wants to chop down a tree or something. And he’ll probably go to Home Depot next time he wants a tool of any kind  

I added making Jello and Ice Cream to my list of kitchen stuff-to-do today. Other than that, I had a very lazy day.  Sooooo hot.

I was looking through my Tamar’s Day Off blog, and came across this. It’s made me realize I’m not doing so badly at all now - this was written 12 years ago, when I thought I really was falling apart. 

Okay. I am not aging well. Sometimes I forget things, although there are times, I must say, I surprise myself. I can finish the Yahoo crossword puzzles (except for Sunday's challengers, where I do need a hint or two or ten), I remember most of the prices of stuff I sell at work, and I can still add and multiply and spell a few words - although there are times I can't remember why I went upstairs when I didn't even have to pee.

However, my parts are wearing out. My knees feel crumbly, my right leg gets so sore I can hardly bend it, and I hobble around a lot trying to keep my kneecap in its socket. Degenerative Osteoarthritis, the Doctor called it. I guess I should get a cane, but would rather have a stick that I could paint and glue feathers and buttons on. 

The most scary part about aging isn't that though. The most scary part is that someday, I will go out in public wearing hot pink stretch pants. If anyone sees me wearing that disability - please come and shoot me. Thank you.

I fixed my knee all by myself! 

And I still don’t have any stretchy pants in the closet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment