Thursday, August 17, 2023

August 17 - It’s been soLong since we’ve gone to Vancouver, I’m glad it’s where we left it. But it’s good to be home again.

 First of all, as a change from complaining about the weather, we’ll check the flora in my surroundings  

I’m pleased to report that the blackberries are ripening nicely.  Last year I snacked on bunches of grapes from our  grape vine, and when I had them all gobbled up, the blackberries were ready to take their place. There are still tons of grapes in our backyard, as our friendly neighborhood raccoon only seems to snack in one particular place, I won’t pick any of his bunches  


Our sunflower is tall and bursting with yellow. 

Steve’s wildflower garden has changed over the summer, but still has some colour. 


And today I noticed for the first time that my Lillies Of The Valley have bright red berries. Hopefully nobody tries to eat these as they are poisonous. 

The temperature had cooled a few degrees today, which was good as we had to go to Vancouver, and couldn’t take my A/C with us. Well, Howard didn’t have to go, but as I mentioned before,  he didn't trust my sense of direction, and probably figured I’d end up in Coquitlam or something. We went on bus, then Sky Train, then walked about 5 minutes to our destination, where I had, as far as I’m concerned, an unnecessary medical thing. 

On the walkie part we saw these half human forms. Weird . The artist obviously ran out of body parts, but even so, I wouldn’t want to see these chase me down a dark alley. Or a beach. Or anywhere.


When I was done, we went for a celebratory supper at the nearest eatery near the Sky Train station. I had had to fast for about 8 hours, so I didn’t care where we went, as long as we went. Howard was happy. He loved his Buddy Burgers. 

The train wasn’t very crowded so it wasn’t a bad trip home, where another celebration awaited. 

It’s cake. Anniversary cake, with candles, because there is an unwritten law in our house that cakes must have candles for young Theo to blow out  Thanks, Nikkie, for the cake, and thanks to whoever gave us the plant on the table, because no one would tell me who got it  


49 years. If anyone asked me (as people sometimes do) if I would change anything, I would just say no. 
Because this -




No comments:

Post a Comment