Monday, August 14, 2023

August 13 - Excuse me while I sweat. I think a bottle of Febreeze would work better than my deodorant.

 Well, I survived (barely) the first of five days of 30. Actually, today’s temperature soared up to 32 - the outdoor feeling was that of a meringue-baking oven. The farthest I went was to the shed to eat supper - Howard had the A/C going there, and it was just a short journey from the back deck.

We were watching our friendly neighborhood raccoon again this morning as he dropped by for a grape snack, but he didn’t hang around to play. He probably headed off to a yard with a swimming pool. At least that’s what I felt like doing.

Well, it’s actually tomorrow now, and I’ve spent the last half hour looking for words, so I suppose I’ll just give up and call it a day - night - whatever  

I’ll leave you with a Haiku  - they are pretty easy to write, even if one is half asleep. The  biggest challenge is counting as far as seven.


No clouds in the sky

To temper the August sun

I think I will melt  


No comments:

Post a Comment