Friday, August 4, 2023

August 4 - It’s easy to fit a month’s worth of fun into one day if you don’t do very much in the month.

 I’m tired still but I’ll try my best  

Yesterday was thrift store day, so we hit Value Village, Salvation Army and Talize. Not much in the way of treasures, but we did well at Burger King. Well, kind off. I ordered a small lemonade and the lady behind the counter heard small onion rings. I did see them on the tray and thought Bradley ordered them, but he thought Howard or I did. 

It wasn’t until we were done and I actually looked at the receipt I realized what happened. 

Last night we went to see Tiller’s Folly, who were described as Irish/Celtic.  Nope. We’ll, maybe they are, but last night they were more west coast folk and blues, which was fine. The lead singer wrote most of the material, and he explained the story behind each one. Most were based on events in BC history, for example, the building of the railway, steamships and booze smuggling during the US prohibition.

Except for the second song. He introduced it as a New Found Land (bad pronounciation, but we just snickered and moved on), and Steve, Brad and I looked at other and snickered again, knowing this was Howard’s least favourite song by his least favourite singer.


But they did a good job. The guy singing was amazing, the  one to the right on mandolin and fiddle was amazing. According to my musician sons, the guy on the base guitar was a beat behind most of the time, but tone deaf me didn’t notice. I was too busy being impressed with the singer and the mandolin guy 

I was so happy that Neil and Sarah joined us - I just love seeing my 3 boys together. After the concert we went to Triple Os snack bar and had milk shakes and long chats. It was awesome.

We had a great day today, but I’ll save that for tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment