Wednesday, August 9, 2023

August 9 - If you do all your shopping on Amazon, you don’t get to but tomato soup from Chachi's at Guildford Mall.

 I dragged Howard all over town today, looking for the perfect birthday present for a sweet soon-to-be 16 year old, and since we were out and about anyway, looking for some stuff I wanted, too. Not present-wise, though. Food wise. 

So - first, we went to the food court at Guildford Mall, where I got my favourite tomato soup. However, I had it partly gone when the fact it wasn’t too hot to eat made me a bit nervous. We were at Denny’s restaurant a few weeks ago, and I had the most delicious bacon and potato soup - and that was also not too hot to eat. But I inhaled it, not realizing that a cream soup that wasn’t really hot might not be a good idea. We’ll, to shorten what could be a long story, I was lucky I made it home before I was in the toilet with the garbage can between my knees. 

Thankfully that didn’t happen this time.

Anyway, I digress.

After lunch, I went to Hot Topic, where I advised a nice young staffer to get a new boyfriend, because she wanted to go to Tofino and couldn’t, because her boyfriend was working, and she didn’t have a driver’s licence. With age comes wisdom.

After Hot Topic, it was Hallmark, then, empty handed, to Cobbs bakery for a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread. First purchase of the day - not counting my soup. 

On the way to another mall - City Centre - I noticed the clock/radio screen on our Micra -


See? 104.3 FM at 1:04 PM. That’s certainly something to mention. 

So, next to Black Bond Books, where they have some cool gift ideas as well as books, and the main reason for the outing was fulfilled. But we had to stop at Walmart - watermelons, which are on sale at No Frills for $11.49, were $4.44 at Walmart. And they had peaches, although I was surprised they came from Ontario and not BC. I mean, you can buy peaches all year round here, but the new ones you get in the latter part of summer just can’t be beat!

And then No Frills. 

I must say, by then my husband was ready to come home, as  I don’t think he had the patience to go to another shop. But that’s okay, neither did I. 

So, besides the everyday dishes,  I baked (at first, half-baked. Yeah, took them out too early so had to pop them back in for 15 minutes) two banana breads, made supper with Howard’s help, and did little else. 

No wonder I’m tired. 


No comments:

Post a Comment