Saturday, August 19, 2023

August 19 -So what if smoke gets in your eyes? We have soMuch to be thankful for.

 I thought I’d start this pot with a picture of Howard and the Japanese Saw I bought from Amazon. This is for his new project, building a boat in a  bottle. Brad sent the bottle from Thompson, one with a 1” neck .therefore, the body (hull?) has to be under 1” to fit.


Something tells me he might have a spot of trouble doing this.  

Busy day. Recycling depot, 2 nearby garage sales (record hunting, no luck), walk around City Hall where JR FM was setting up for a beer/barbecue festival (not our cup of tea - well, maybe the bbq part), ice cream at Central City (Dairy Queen), then home. Then Nikkie (and Siri) took me on a very scenic route around Surrey to pick up a couple of records I found on Marketplace - Paul Simon and a double Neil Diamond. So I’m happy. 

Oh - and I picked up a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts too - so I’m really happy. 

It’s still a bit early for bed, but my eyes are all blinky from the smoke that’s currently heading our way from the hellish wild fires that are devastating our province. Last I heard there were over 35,000 people evacuated in the interior. 

Here we are, tucked in our beds

Nothing to complain about

Except the smoke seeping through the window

While half a province away everything burns.

People left homeless 

I saw a woman weeping on tv -

Her neighbours’ houses burned to the ground, 

While hers, alone, escaped the flames, 

And I thought

What, really, has she got to go home to. 

And I think of everyone risking their lives

To save the lives of others, 

Fire fighters in the midst of infernos -

And the only thing we can do

Is pray.



No comments:

Post a Comment