Tuesday, August 1, 2023

August 1 Summer is just flying by, I just hope the next week doesn’t go as fast!

 Well. One blogging month down, eleven more to go. What will make it even more difficult is 2024 is a leap year, which means an extra day I hadn’t really considered. 

We got our boy today! Howard was a bit nervous about ‘getting a flat tire’ or something on the way to the airport so of course we had to leave early. That is why we were sitting in the arrivals area of the airport before Brad’s plane left Calgary. And to borrow a famous quote - That’s all I’m going to say about that. (Forrest Gump)

Since we had a little’ time to wait we decided to get a something to eat at the … snack bar? We shared a sandwich and we were going to share this -

… until we opened it and saw what it looked like. I was brave enough to take a bite, but then I I had to go to the gift shop and get a Mars Bar, which I figured was the best choice available to eradicate the awfulness in my mouth. 

So, keep guessing what I bought. I’ll tell you at the end. 

I took a picture of the plane after it landed, but you’ll have to believe me when I say it is actually there. We couldn’t get any closer.


So we got our precious cargo and headed for the car, where Howard opened the trunk and passed Brad the keys. 

But now we’re home safe and sound, music was made in the garage and life is good. 

And it was potato salad, by the way. 

‘This was the most disgusting food 

I couldn’t eat it but the garbage can could.’




No comments:

Post a Comment