Monday, August 14, 2023

August 14 - When you have to spend almost $20 for a jug of canola oil, the cheaper the bananas, the better.

 Day 2 hot day over. 3 to go. I think I’ll make it. 

Did a Walmart run before the pavement started to sizzle. Enjoyed my stroll down the freezer aisle. And to make things better, when I got home and checked my receipt, I saw the bunch of bananas we put through the self- serve machine came up at only 6 cents. 

So here’s the problem. I thought maybe we should say something about it next time we went, but some other people living here thought not. So I will enjoy these 6 cent bananas, and next time I buy some I will try to use the same check-out machine, because obviously the scale doesn’t like bananas. (And then I can point out the ‘problem’ to the person working there.) (Or will I?)

Other than that - you know, the regular dishes, laundry, and not a big deal of anything else. 

We just finished watching The Straits on Acorn TV. It’s kind of like an Australian Sopranos - easy binge watching. Love that streaming option - Britbox is also great. 

But I will never move to a coastal town in Great Britain, because murderers abound in these places. 


No comments:

Post a Comment