Tuesday, August 15, 2023

August 15 - These last hazy crazy days of summer - oh, that’s why I don’t feel like doing housework!

How exciting today was! (Yeah. Right.)

Well, parts of it were - like spending’hours’ being entertained by this big baby frolicking around the back yard. I think he’s found his perfect spot, free grapes, playground, and a shed to hide under when the cat sees him. 


I was actually quite concerned when Allie got out and started stalking him, and when she confronted him by the shed, I picked up the nearest weapon - a rake - and rushed over. But this brave cat, who hates other four legged beasts with a passion (and is quite fussy regarding two legged ones) just showed him her game face, and poor little raccoon turned tail and ran under the shed. I grabbed the cat and brought her inside, and after a few minutes he came out and starting  playing again - until Allie got back out. When he saw her he just slipped out through the fence and took off up the alley. 

Howard wanted to go to Michaels this morning to get some balsa wood, so I was only too glad to go with him as it’s close to Value Village, with Tuesdays being 30% off if you’ve lived a heck of a lot of years. 

I was so lucky - got some records of my favourite singers- Kris Kristofferson, James Taylor, George Jones - well. 8 altogether, for a grand total of $13 and change. So happy. 

Another 31 degree day - 88 Fahrenheit for my friends across the border. One more day of this torture. Thursday is supposed to drop to 28, which isn’t really comfortable either, and to make things worse I have to transit my way to Vancouver. Howard, of course, is coming with me - he says he’d never let me go by myself as I can get lost in the grocery store. 

Well, actually, he’s the one who wanders off and leaves me talking to absolute strangers, but that’s another story. 


https://music.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_k8t1pR62IvMoCG7VxTcsKiC2gdsRVuJv8&feature=share

No comments:

Post a Comment