Monday, June 6, 2011

I Don't Think I'll Ever Wear A Bikini

Well, it's only the 6th day on my quest to lose some weight, and it seems like a long forever. I think the only part of me that's actually getting smaller is my...are my...boobs. Doesn't bother me any.

I have felt hungry pretty much all the time, but I am doing what I set out to do, which was to give up my scones and muffins, gooey cookie bars and toffee candy, and other lovely things that have always found their way through my intestinal tract. I'm cutting back on junk food, in other words, and still eating stuff that I would normally eat for lunch and dinner, just not so much of it. Plus walking (hobbling?) a bit here and there. One would think that would work, wouldn't one?

I'm keeping track of what I eat on a Page  that I have re-Christened FLOG ( Food Log.) I read somewhere if you write down everything you eat, you have a better chance of not cheating. So far I haven't cheated. Much. Bloody Simply Pleasure cookies.

I don't feel too deprived, just a bit depraved at times, but that's nothing new.I had a hot chocolate from my favourite coffee shop yesterday, and the owner served me. His wonderful youthful staff all know I don't take the chocolate whipped cream on top, but alas, he didn't know, and topped it off with a huge chocolate whipped cream mountain. I scraped it off into the sink at the back of the store, but I know some of it soaked into the hot chocolate, but I figured what the heck. Then one of my favourite customers came and gave me two lemon tarts, one for me and one for my hubby. Mine is still on the counter. And last night, Howard wanted to walk to the corner store for a Screamer (soft-serve ice cream with that slushee kind of stuff layered in between) and all I had for a treat was a $2 scratch ticket which won absolutely nothing. No calories in these.

So far, so good.

1 comment:

  1. Having lost weight over the past few years, a lady was discarding things from her wardrobe that no longer fit.
    Her seven-year-old niece was watching as she held up a huge pair of slacks.
    "Wow," the lady said, "I must have worn these when I was 183."
    Her niece looked puzzled, then asked, "How old are you now?"

    ReplyDelete