Thursday, June 16, 2011

My Daily Flog for June 16

A day off! And Howard is at work! I miss him, though, which is really stupid, as he had me awake at 4:15 this morning, and I didn't get back to sleep until after he got up to go to work. So then I fell back asleep and didn't even wake up until after 9:00.

It took forever for my coffee to brew, then I had to drink it before I got enough energy to think. Then I decided to clean up the kitchen and my 'me-space', and even though I could have done it all in about an hour, I spent about 3 hours doing it, listening to my old records as I swept, dusted, cleaned, mopped, etc etc. I even watered my poor Aloe and Rat-Tail Cactus, both get very neglected on times but still keep on truckin'.

  • Breakfast - this could tend to get boring
  • Lunch - veggie sandwich/whole grain bread, 2% milk
  • Dinner - OMG - is there enough room here? bbqed pork chop, roasted potatoes w/onion soup mix&butter, bbqed pineapple, and half a corn on the cob (but I didn't eat the cob.) I also made an apple/rhubarb crisp, but so far that is safe. Everyone is too stuffed to eat it yet. Burp.
  • Snacks - orange, diet Pepsi, banana, yogurt
Geez, it's nice to walk on a clean floor. Nothing sticks to my feet any more.

WELL, I REALLY WENT AND LOST IT. APPLE/RHUBARB CRISP AND NESTLES NATURAL VANILLA ICE CREAM GOT ME GOOD. BUT IT WAS SOOOOOO GOOD.

However, now, after cleaning up the dishes and all that housewife crap stuff, my tummy is not very pleased. I feel hearburny and a bit nauseous. I sure hope I remember how crappy I feel the next time I'm lured by a delicious dessert - but I would be surprised if I do.

Let's hope one gigantic slip doesn't undo all I've done over the past 16 days. If it does, then I'll know life really isn't fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment