Friday, June 17, 2011

My Daily Flog for June 17

Today was a Walking Day. This morning I walked with Shannon and Dominik to see Tanner's Pre-School graduation ceremony, which was really cool. Lots of cute songs and big-eyed 5 year olds. Tanner wants to be a Chef when he grows up, so I must make sure he learns how to do low-fat low-cal delicious desserts.

In the afternoon I hitched a ride in Neil's tow truck and he let me off on a sidewalkless street with no crosswalk, on the wrong side of the road from Michaels, where I went to get yet another dolly. Then I decided to walk a bit, maybe as far as Richmond Centre, to catch the 401 bus, rather than hop on a bus right in front of Michaels, and then have the bother of transferring at Richmond Centre. I gave up after about a mile and a half, as the sun was blasting and my knee was hurting and my MP3 player was dead. Then when I got home I walked to the farthest corner store to get Howard some Halls for his hurting throat, and then a while after that, he and I walked to the IGA strip mall for beer and rice.

I dried two lots of laundry outdoors today, it was warm and breezy. I hung some T-shirts and sweaters on hangers on the line, as my clothespins were all rusty and yucky from being outdoors all winter, and when I went out to check on them, they were dragging on the grass. Seems the clothesline was in the process of freeing itself from Howard's shipwright knots, so I managed to haul the line a bit tighter and put one of my own silly little knitter's knots in it, which got the second load of jeans through the drying process.
  • Breakfast - yup, toast and coffee
  • Lunch - veggie soup and tons of fruit (now that's a change. Have to make up for last night's Apple/Rhubarb Crisp and Ice Cream
  • Dinner - 2 teriyaki chicken drummies and enough Newfoundland Style Chinese Fried Rice to feed a small Chinese family
  • Snacks - orange, diet Pepsi, banana
Supper was sooooo good. I love my NSCFR.

No comments:

Post a Comment