Wednesday, June 22, 2011

My Flog for June 22

Summer's finally here - the last two days were warm and wonderful. Now I'm finished work for the day, I get to look forward to three day offs, which is just warm and wonderful too. Since I've been waiting unsuccessfully for my favourite landscaper to come to my overgrown, jungly garden bed in front of the house, maybe I'll get my garden tools on the go tomorrow.

Last weekend, Steve and I went to a garden centre, and while we were looking at fertilizers, I remembered the time way back when I was very thirsty, and Steve jumped to get me a drink. You'd think that was a very nice thing to do for a mom, right?

"We don't have anything to drink," I told him.

"Yes we do," he replied. "We have a bottle of 7Up." And off he went to get me a glass.

Being extraordinary thirsty by this time, I bottom upped the glass and it wasn't until I had a mouthful, I realized where he got the pop. Under the kitchen sink. In the old 7Up bottle I had stored the fertilizer liquid which I had already mixed with the appropriate amount of water.

  • Breakfast - same thing as usual
  • Lunch - veggie sandwich on whole grain bread (VSWGB), no fat yogurt
  • Dinner - Honey Nut Cheerios
  • Snacks - banana, diet Coke, 1 1/2 little tiny new potatoes (now, you may wonder why I consider potatoes a snack, but they were soooooo good, especially when they were stolen from Neil's plate.)
If I get eggs, I may make Banana Muffins later tonight. If I do make said Banana Muffins, I'll probably eat at least one. I have the Best Ever Banana Muffin recipe, which I will share with you -

BEST EVER BANANA MUFFINS
3 large bananas
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup vegetable oil or melted butter

Mash bananas. Add sugar and slightly beaten egg. Add the oil (or butter.) Add the dry ingredients and bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.
You can even grate 1/3 cup chocolate and add....yum yum yum.
Plus you can double recipe successfully, but you would have to have 2 eggs.

LATER: Well, I didn't get any eggs, but I got a freezer. Now we can buy ice-cream and ice-cubes and I can drink freezing cold, fizzy alcoholic drinks. Get the recipes from Sheila.

No comments:

Post a Comment