Monday, June 6, 2011

RIA'S BROWNIES - a decadent recipe

If you need a brownie treat, don't go halfway and buy the crap the supermarkets sell for a small fortune, but go all out and make a brownie worth eating. Best time to make it is when you have people to share it with, so you don't eat it all and have to wear elastic waisted jogging pants to work for a while.

You may not believe this, but my friend Ria actually makes Brownies that are waaaaaay better than mine. So here is her recipe, I hope she doesn't have it copyrighted, if so, I guess I'm in tons of trouble. Oh well, if I go to jail I think they just serve bread and water, so that may help me waist away for the rest of June.

RIA'S BROWNIES - THE BEST BROWNIES YOU'VE EVER TASTED - BETTER EVEN THAN TAMAR'S
(AND THAT'S THE OFFICIAL NAME FOR THEM)



3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cocoa
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts - optional

Grease a 9" pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Sift together flour, cocoa, and salt. Blend into butter mixture. Stir in vanilla and nuts. Pour into greased pan and bake about 35 minutes. (My 10 cents worth - DON'T OVER BAKE)

While brownies are baking, make the fudge icing:
1/4 cup butter
2 Tbsp cocoa
2 Tbsp milk
1 1/4 cup icing sugar
1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts - optional

Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Stir in cocoa and milk. Remove from heat and stir in sugar and nuts. Spread icing over brownies while they are still warm. Yum yum.

(I don't do the nut thing - but the brownies are fantastic without them. Trust me.)



No comments:

Post a Comment