Tuesday, June 14, 2011

MY FLOG

June 13:
  • Breakfast - multi grain toast and coffee
  • Lunch - home-made sandwich - multi grain bread, mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, ham
  • Dinner - veggie soup
  • Snacks - banana, diet Pepsi, 2 grapes (no kidding, they were yucky), AND a Frozen Mocha from my favourite coffee shop in Steveston - probably 1000 calories, but who's counting? (Not me.)
Working all day, now I'm utterly pooped, as I got up at 5 AM and have been on the go since then. I don't think I want to go to the store, I'll just do without milk for my morning coffee. Yawn. Bedtime. Hope I sleep better than the Canucks played tonight, 5 to 2 when they could have brought home the Stanley Cup and put everyone out of their misery. Now another game to get through on Wednesday night.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 10 - 12:
  • Breakfasts - toast and coffee.......so?????
  • Lunches - sandwich, of course....one each day....can't remember Saturday though
  • Dinners - Friday: spaghetti and garlic bread, Saturday: stuffed pork chops with boiled potatoes, coleslaw, and veggies (thanks Dolly!) and Sunday: you guessed it, another blasted sandwich
  • Snacks - cheezies, chips, grapes, bananas, sour cream donut from Tim Horton's, diet Pepsis....I can't remember, actually...
We went to Surrey Friday morning, and I didn't keep track of everything, and now I can't remember a damn thing. But I didn't go crazy, I don't think I did, anyway. I don't feel fatter, anyway.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 9:
  • Breakfast - AHA -since we were on our way downtown at 4:40 AM, and Howard wasn't allowed to eat anything after midnight, and I followed that rule in sympathy, which I might say went unappreciated, we ate after his mini surgery - an A&W breakfast of undercooked scrambled eggs, undercooked bacon, white (and I mean WHITE) toast, and mmmmmmmmmmmm coffee.
  • Lunch - sandwich of my own creation, multi-grain bread, lettuce, tomato, cucumber and green onion with Miracle Whip and mustard (shoot, I forgot the pickle), Diet Pepsi
  • Dinner - veggie salad (see above sandwich ingredients but omit the bread) with homemade dressing, bbqed red pepper and a very large but tasteless turkey wiener
  • Snacks - Banana, 1 (and I mean ONE only) Peanut Butter Cookie - don't tell Neil
We made up from two days of very little walking today, walking a almost a mile to get bus tickets for our trip to Vancouver, then walking around for about half an hour waiting for the surgery to open, then walking around Canada Place and then Richmond Centre. Wow. I even had a nap after I got home. So tired. Still tired. Yawn.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 8:
  • Breakfast - ta dum ta dum. New milk for my next breakfast, since Howard got paid today. Yes!
  • Lunch - ditto from yesterday. Exactly the same, right down to the apple juice!
  • Dinner - don't know yet, haven't had it... Well, I still haven't had it, everyone was into that so-called game and no one wanted to get dinner...so I had another banana and a tomato...
  • Snacks - Banana, 6 oz Screamer (which is a mixture of soft serve ice-cream and slushee stuff - Howard brought Chris and me one each at work. You'd almost think he knew I'm trying to lose weight....mmmm), diet Pepsi
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 7:
  • Breakfast - see 6 days below. Milk still has no lumps, and now I'm down to bread backs. Payday tomorrow? We'll see.
  • Lunch - my half-baguette roast beef w/tomato, cucumber, lettuce, mayo, mustard and pickle sandwich, and a small apple juice. So yummy.
  • Dinner - Well, the men barbecued. Pork chop and baked potato with butter and salt. Yum Yum. (Yum.) Plus beef/garlic ravioli 'n'cheese sauce, but I only had two of these. Burp.
  • Snacks - 2 cubes of cheddar cheese, 1 pickle slice, diet Pepsi, plastic lemon fruity candy thing, banana
I probably ate more this day than other days in the past week, but that's okay. I thought my lunch sandwich would be my main meal, because I didn't know there was a barbecue in my future. That's okay though. Still had a good day.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 6:
  • Breakfast - yes, I know, I need a change. The milk still isn't lumpy, so I'm happy about that. Howard gets a WorkSafe check tomorrow (hopefully) so maybe if I'm really nice to him, he'll buy me some new milk. And maybe even Honey Nut Cheerios!
  • Lunch - Vegetable/Florentine soup, multi-grain roll/butter - I don't know what the Florentine part was, unless it was the burning sensation in my mouth after I ate it...hence my drink - Orange Crush pop.
  • Dinner - a sausage dog - kinda like a hot dog but yuckier
  • Snack - a plasticky piece of lemon flavoured chewy candy - it was yummy even if it did have the texture of Silly Putty (not that I've ever chewed Silly Putty.) Couldn't have many calories or fat grams, impossible, but that doesn't really matter as I'm not counting either. Coffee , more coffee, banana.
I don't know if that's all or not, as I've not gone to bed yet and the night is still young. Watching the Boston Bruins cream the Canucks is not good for one's appetite either.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 5:
  • Breakfast - toast and coffee
  • Lunch - roast beef sandwich,with lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pickle, mayo and mustard on half a multi-grain baguette, hot chocolate
  • Supper - one turkey wiener, potato salad and tomato
  • Snacks - diet Pepsi and banana
We went for two short walks, probably about a mile and a half in total.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 4:
I'm going to need a looooooooong list
  • Breakfast - same old, same old
  • Lunch - Toast and cheddar cheese
  • Supper - Hamburger and Potato Salad
  • Snacks: fruit - lots of fruit- grapes, cherries, tomatoes (they are fruit, you know), granola bar, 5 Simple Pleasure cookies, water, banana, orange.....
I'm sure I ate more than this - is my memory fading as my hunger pains increase? The only time of the day I didn't feel hungry was just before dinner when the burgers were ready. What's with that? I ate anyway...
Walked a lot today - to No 4 Road and back, then this afternoon to the veggie market on Blundell/Garden City. Not a huge distance, probably about 2 1/2 miles, but that's not bad when one is limping. And to make matters worse, when I finished making the potato salad I dropped the Miracle Whip bottle on my toe. Good Grief.
And I've worn the bottom out of the rubber tip on the end of my cane. I've only had it for two weeks.
I really wish I had a Diet Pepsi, but guess I'm not getting one now. Poor me.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 3:
  • Breakfast same as usual, toast and coffee. I'm glad the milk still has no lumps in it, as I don't get paid until the 15th of June
  • Lunch was half a sandwich from the best coffee shop in Steveston - tuna, lettuce, cucumber, pickles, mayo, tomato and mustard on a whole grain bun, and a diet coke
  • Dinner was a hot dog
  • Snacks: orange, banana, and hot chocolate .... I guess that's it...although it's only 7:30 in the evening and there's a lot of fridge and cupboard time left before bedtime.
My knee is really bad today/tonight, lot of pain. I lay down on bed after work and put Howard's pillow under my leg, but I imagine he's going to want it back when he goes to bed. Walking in the store today it felt like my knee was going to bend the wrong way, and that sort of felt really really weird as well as painful. I doubt if I'll be going for a walk this evening, but if my husband asks me, I probably will go. We'll see.

He asked. I went. Walked up to Shopper's Drug Mart and I cashed in a lucky lottery ticket, TA DA! Now I am going to finish watching Flashpoint and I will definitely not even think about the Simple Pleasures cookies that are lying quietly on the kitchen counter.

I did however attack another banana on my way to bed.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-
June 2:
  • Breakfast: toast and Becel and coffee
  • Lunch: crab cake, coleslaw, 4 fries - that was tough but I was strong, we went to Pajo's in the Park where they sell the best ever fish'n'chips - well, best ever in BC anyway, we won't even talk about fish back home when it's almost still flipping in the pan
  • Dinner: corn on cob and pork chop
  • Snacks: orange, diet Pepsi,cherry tomato and 4 cherries,banana, and a tiny tiny sliver of blackberry pie
If I were the Simple Pleasure cookies in the cupboard I would be getting pretty nervous right now, as I feel really really hungry and I just ate half an hour ago.
Howard and I walked around Gary Point Park, and then we walked to IGA. Right now I'm watching Cupcake Wars and really feel the need to bake something other than Lumpies and Records.
Just walked around the block, along Francis Rd to No 2 Road across Bowcock to Cooper then back home. No wonder I'm tired.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 1:
  • Becel margarine and two slices of bread - Becel is good for your heart, but I had to put it on something so I chose toast. Coffee and 2% milk. That was breakfast.
  • Chicken Teriyaki salad with tons of veggies - lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, cucumbers and Sweet Onion no-fat dressing - and just a wee bit of that - from Subway. Diet Pepsi. That was lunch.
  • Chicken breast cooked in spaghetti sauce with tomatoes, onion, and peppers, with rice. Sounds good, right? Wrong. I didn't put enough salt on it and it was crappy. Two small slices of French Bread with Becel. One teeny tiny bit of blackberry pie from IGA. Not enough sugar. That was supper.
  • 5 cherries. 3 grapes. 1 honkin' big banana. These were snacks.
Now I feel so hungry I could eat a moose if it wandered in my back yard, but the chances of that happening are slim. Unlike me.
I also walked to IGA after work, clocking another mile or so on my cane.
I hope the Simple Pleasure cookies and the remaining French Bread make it safely through the night.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment