Friday, June 24, 2011

My Flog for June 24

Today I left to bus to Cambie/5 Road to do a favour for my youngest son. I had to transfer buses at the Richmond Centre, and believing the bus I needed had a stop on Cooney Road, I got off on Granville near that stop. However, this particular stop had disappeared, so I left to hoof it over to No 3 Road on a search for a Number 410 bus. I crossed the road to one Bus Bay, then re-crossed it and hustled up the road trying to beat my wanted bus, which was zooming past me, to the bus stop up ahead.

Aha. Did it. Whew. Now I had an address, that being the 11000 block of Cambie, so when I saw addresses beginning with the 11 hundreds, I got off the bus. I noticed the numbers on the buildings on the other side of the street, were just a wee bit larger than the one I wanted, so I jaywalked across four lanes and started walking down the street the way I had come. Mmmmm. Townhouses. Was the unit number I was looking for a townhouse? I think not. That's when I realized the numbers on this particular side of the street were even numbers, and the address I needed was an odd number. I needed to re-cross this street too.

Now the traffic was heavier. I had to turn around and walk all the way up to No 5 Road, so I could cross at an intersection, and then, turning back the way I came, I found the strip mall that had my destination on its sign. So all I had to do was find unit 210. Sounds easy, doesn't it?

I walked all around, twice. Passed Domino's Pizza. Mmmm. Special on small pizzas. Yum. Passed a Subway. Yummy sandwiches waited inside. Mnnnn. Passed a Bakery, an Indian Tandoori restaurant, a Chinese restaurant.....the smells were playing havoc with my rumbling tummy. Finally it hit me - the unit number I was looking for started with the number 2, and that probably meant the second floor of a building, and the only part of the strip mall that had an upper floor was a part stuck on the side, sort of behind everything else. So it was with a sigh of relief I pulled open the door, pressed the elevator button, and then walked up the stairs. It was only the second floor, after all.

I really need Howard for my navigator, but now he's back to work, I may have to get a GPS to pack in my back pocket

So, errand done, I hopped on the first bus that came along, and headed for the Richmond Centre. I walked through the food court on my way to Indigo Books, sampled a sweet and sour chicken part from the Flaming Wok, and then picked up my knitting magazines. Then I went to Tim Hortons and had lunch, and then walked home. .
  • Breakfast -toast and coffee, of course.
  • Lunch - ate at Tim Hortons - passed by all the delicious donuts, all the marvellous muffins - and had chicken noodle soup and yogurt - and a bun
  • Dinner - basa fish, teeny tiny new potatoes, and tons of green salad w/Thousand Islands dressing
  • Snacks - sweet and sour chicken part, banana, strawberries, water...and coffee....
Before dinner, Howard and I walked to IGA for potatoes and onions, so we could bake the basa fillets, and then after dinner, Tanner and I unweeded the front garden bed. I feel wide awake for some reason - maybe I shouldn't have brewed a pot of coffee after I got home from the Richmond Centre. Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment