Thursday, June 2, 2011

A Perfect Recipe for Diets

Who needs recipe books? All one needs is the confidence one gets from watching Chopped! on the Food Network. The idea for dinner last night grew in my mind on the way home from work, where I spent the day unpacking yarn, shelving yarn, and selling yarn. (If you like yarn, you should come visit - we are overflowing with yarn right now. Thank heavens there are no calories in yarn!)

Anyway, it sounded easy. Chicken in a roaster, covered with spaghetti sauce and tons of onions. Well, three to be exact. Cook for an hour at 400 degrees, then add a big handful of red and green pepper slices and four quartered tomatoes, and cook for about another half hour or so.

It looked so very yummy, when I added the peppers and tomatoes I had to carry the roaster to everyone's hockey-watching eyes so they could see, and thankfully I didn't drop it upside-down on the floor like the chocolate birthday cake I made years and years ago for my husband -  no one lets me forget (I think the sight of the candles sputtering from the bottom of the cake as it lay supine on my floor was unforgettable to most.)

This beautiful chicken dish was served with rice and French bread.

Don't bother making it though. It was crap. I think I forgot the damn salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment