Monday, July 31, 2023

July 31 Once again, waiting for the arrival of our first born son, at least this time there are no labour pains.

 Another trip to Abbotsford Airport tomorrow, to pick up our far-away son. So excited. He’s on a bus now travelling from northern Manitoba to Winnipeg- I told him to tell the bus driver to drive carefully as there would be precious cargo aboard. I meant my son, of course. He was my precious cargo for a long 9 months 47 years ago.  

And it was a long 9 months, him waiting 2 weeks after my due date. Mom and I sent dad and Howard off on some wild goose chase, and she mixed up a horrible concoction of castor and orange juice, just like the Scottish midwives used to do. 

Oh why don’t I just do this - a poem AND a picture must be worth more than 1000 words.



Since then, we’ve  had 2 more baby boys, who have given us 10 grandbabies over the years, so I think Howard and I have done our part to make sure the Vokey name lives on.

Meanwhile, I’m happy to report I had a very uneventful day, just some housework (exciting, I know), a trip to Canadian Tire with Howard because I wanted him to pick up something for me but he said I had to go too because he wouldn’t know where to find it, and that was probably true because he couldn’t even find what he needed himself  (Looking back at that sentence I finally realize why my fellow teachers would be always telling me to shut up.)

However, that’s part of other stories, I guess  

Bed time now. I’m just hoping Howard remembers what exit to take off the Trans Canada to get to the airport, and we don’t repeat the agony of our last trip there.



No comments:

Post a Comment