Tuesday, September 12, 2023

September 12 - I wonder if the young people who won’t offer an old lady on the sky train a seat would be the one that would actually buy frozen sliced bananas? I think so.

 A little bit drizzly at times today, but mostly just a cloudy day. We went to Walmart this morning, where I was surprised to see -


- frozen sliced bananas. Okay, there are lots of frozen fruit in this freezer, but bananas? Cheap and available all year round - who on earth will buy frozen bananas? After all, if you have a freezer of any kind at home to put this bag of frozen bananas in, wouldn’t you realize it would be a lot cheaper to buy your own nice fresh yellow ones and freeze them yourself?

It’s a good job we don’t have to grow our own vegetables any more, just saying. 

However. After that trip, where the bill came to the magical number of $123.45, which I thought was pretty cool, we went to Value Village, where had been no new used records since my last visit. Then to the mall, where Howard had his buddy burgers, and I had a latte and a Raisin Bran muffin from Tim Hortons. And on the way to the car, Howard expressed his desire to go the hobby shop in Burnaby. 

Okay. We parked the car in a pay parking lot, and I went to the pay station, where I did everything right, inserted my credit card and took it out when the machine told me - and then the machine seemed to give up the ghost. No receipt. A few people started to line up behind us, and Howard reached over and pressed cancel. 

So I called the number on the thingie - twice in the next hour - and both times gave up after a few minutes listening to them tell me how busy they were. The payment doesn’t show up as pending on the credit card, so I guess I just have to wait and see if we get a ticket in the mail. If we do, I’m not paying it. 

Anyway, the car was still there, and not towed away, when we got back from Burnaby. I tell you, I am still not a happy transit user. 


At least on the way there, a couple of young people offered us their seats in the Seniors Seating area, but on the way back it was a different story. One girl got up, and I told Howard to sit as he’s a lot worse off than I am now, and I hung on to a pole for over 2 stops until another lady, in a regular seat, offered me hers. 

Meanwhile /



Just two of about 8 pairs of seats that were signed for handicap or seniors. 

I blame the parents. 

But, as I said, I was glad our car wasn’t towed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment