Sunday, September 24, 2023

September 24 - A bit of here and now, and a bit of long ago and far away.

I often remark on how boring my day was, but today took the cake (or apple crisp, actually, as making one was my major accomplishment for the day.)

Howard and I did go the nursery (garden type) with Steve, which is always a treat. There are so many beautiful colours still available for a fall garden - Steve bought some pansies and planted them by the front door. They will bloom all winter long, so a blast of colour will be very pleasant.

So, I’m not only digging into the past tonight, but also going 17 days before this 2011 date, when I was on the verge of turning 12 years younger than I am now. Today is my sister’s birthday, and once again she will be 3 years older than me. Even though there’s been half a country between us for over 50 years, I miss her. It’s devastating that she’s leaving us the same way our mom did. 

And here we are, two wee bonny lassies in Scotland, wearing dresses our mam sewed and cardigans she knitted, not realizing how damn lucky we were in our choice of parents


However - back to the later past. From September 7, 2011.

**************
 Man

No comments:

Post a Comment