Friday, September 29, 2023

September 29 - Some things ‘bug’ me - in different ways.

 Had blood work done this morning, and of course I had to log in to see the results. Sometimes that’s not a good thing  

I had a new test for Rheumatoid Arthritis - the base number is less than 17 thingamajigs - mine is over 117. So I guess either the meds I’m taking are keeping me well, or I’m in remission. I was hoping to be able to cut back on the prednisone, as I’m having some side effects, but I’m not sure if that will be possible. I’m seeing the rheumatologist next week, so we’ll see.

Meanwhile, after searching for the below post a few days ago, I finally found it a few minutes ago, and again, it’s from a time when my posts were a bit more interesting, and even maybe smile-inducing. 

*******************

September 29, 2010

While walking to the store this afternoon to buy a mop, I felt something crawl on my leg inside my jogging pants. I don't know what everyone thought when they saw this old granny doing the hippy hippy shake, trying to get whatever it was to fall out of my pants, but nothing worked. I grabbed the lump - I could actually see it, just on the side of the knee that suffered the spider bite a few weeks ago - and I tried to squeeze the shit out of it, but it was hard and unyielding. I don't know how I managed to squirm the rest of my way to the nearest washroom at our friendly neighbourhood A&W, home of the Wonderful Mozza Burger, but I did.

Imagine my surprise when I dropped my pants and realized I tried to execute the knot in the end of the cording that keeps my pants up. I guess they are a bit large on me, seeing as how the cord travelled down my leg and almost caused a heart attack. I suppose you are laughing - I don't even know why I'm telling you this - except I have to write about something.

No comments:

Post a Comment