Monday, September 25, 2023

September 25 - If there’s such a thing as rainy day blues, I’ll be like Violet Beauregard by the end of the week.

 I haven’t done a lot of driving, but today I did drive to Walmart, because it felt like we had to buy something before we went to bed. It was raining, so I had to use both headlights AND wipers. Multi-tasking. Again, I stayed within the lines and never hit any pedestrians, so it was all good. Seems I parked a little too far away from the entrance, according to some people (person. Only one), so I just passed him the keys and walked on. As usual, he drove home. 

Reminds me of another time when we were in the process of moving from Richmond to Surrey, in 2011. Another rainy day, leaving Surrey early in the morning, with Howard driving the big blue truck.


On the way home to Richmond yesterday morning at an ungodly hour, while it was still dark and the rain was sloshing out of the heavens, and I was half asleep in the passenger's seat wrapped in my jammies, Howard says, "I guess we passed Scott Road, although I didn't notice it. Guess the light was green."

Well, that certainly woke me up. I hope to hell the light was green. So for the rest of the trip I had to stay awake and be the red-light watcher.

(In case you didn’t notice, I discovered coloured letters.)

So far, Autumn has brought us rain. Today? Lots of rain. I am slowly forgetting that Fall is my favourite season - at least, back home, it used to be. I’m sure we’ll get some Indian (can I say that?) Summer as October comes along. At least, I hope so. There are red leaves just waiting to canopy our streets.




However, right now is definitely not sandal weather, and I certainly am not used to wearing sneakers. 

My feet don’t like fall

They don’t like it at all

They don’t like the feel 

Of locked up toe and heel

Inside sneakers and socks

That spent months in a box 

When all summer my toes 

We’re as free as my nose

Feeling grass in the park

Now - alone in the dark.


My feet don’t like fall

They don’t like it at all. 



No comments:

Post a Comment