Saturday, September 23, 2023

September 23 - Oh the places we’ll go ….

 It was a bit overcast this morning, with the promise of rain, so we decided we’d leave early and go adventuring. I obviously need practice driving after 13 years of being chauffeured around, and there are lots of places I’d like to visit that Howard doesn’t want to chauffeur me to, so I took this opportunity to visit one of them.  

It wasn’t until we were there and almost ready to come back home that I realized I had been there before. Oh well. This was Howard’s first time so it was all good. 



Crescent Beach, way down in the southern part of Surrey. According to Google maps, a 23 minute drive, so yes, a bit far to walk.

Traffic was light, and except for the one-sided conversation from the passenger seat - 

Slow down …

You’re over too far …

Light turned green …

4 way stop ….

Change lanes ….

Etc …

- it was, I thought, a pretty good drive. Nobody honked at me, not everyone was passing around me, and I didn’t hit any pedestrians, so there. 


This is one beautiful beach. There was a fair breeze, and the smell of salt water was thick in the air. Howard had to hold my hand so I could scramble down over the rocks, though, as my balance isn’t great, but other than that it was fine,  just strolling along near the water. Except when I turned around and saw I was all alone,

And had to scramble my way up to the path. 


I know. It’s only rocks. It was actually easier going up than coming down anyway, as I could balance myself with my hands, except for the last step when it was just lunge ahead and pray my feet didn’t betray me.

A few more pics -





On the way back to the car, I saw this rock and the only way to get all around it was by video. So it was a bit awkward taking the vid, therefore it might be a bit awkward for you reading it, but I thought it was pretty cool. 

Plus you can hear the waves rushing to the shore, so that’s a plus. 

Howard offered to drive home, so I said okay. Not sure why. I don’t think I scared  him on the way down, but who knows. Traffic was a lot heavier on the way back, and we stopped at the Super Store, where the parking lot would have made me quite nervous, so it was all good. 

And as soon as we got back home, and inside the house, the rain started. Now we’re supposed to have a few rainy days ahead. Guess summer really is gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment