Saturday, September 16, 2023

September 16 - My present life is pretty boring, but it’s mine. John Lennon said it best. Link below.

 Love this autumn weather - warm sunny days and cool nights - perfect for picking blueberries and partridgeberries, if there were any growing here. At least when I would go picking blackberries, I wouldn’t have to wear one piece of clothing inside-out, as I’m pretty sure there are no fairies where I live. 

Remember my heart Hoya plant that miraculously grew a leaf? And I had myself convinced there were more growing?


Well, there are. Two little green stumps. And they are big enough now I know they’re not just a hopeful part of my imagination. 

Did a bit of housework today, plus baked a blueberry pie and a Butter Pecan cake. Tinned pie filling, frozen pastry, and cake mix, so I guess it’s not really anything to brag about. We also went to Walmart and picked up some stuff, including a 4 cent bunch of bananas. Steve said we must be placing them on the scale incorrectly, but we just lie them down as if they’re going for a nap, and I don’t know any other way of doing it. Howard won’t let me tell an associate. I guess I’ll carry the guilt to my grave, although I guess it’s good to talk about it. 

We also went for a short stroll after supper, which brought my step total to 2,214, which isn’t much to brag about either.

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=YBcdt6DsLQA&si=F_XEX7iSyVjQZFZm

No comments:

Post a Comment