Friday, September 8, 2023

September 8 - Yup, made it through another year, and still standing (most of the time.)

 


So here I am, another year around the sun, and as you can see (if you keep on reading,) my life hasn’t changed drastically sine 2011, except for the fact that now it would probably take me a week to accomplish everything I did back then in one day. 

But I did have a good day. I found one Gordon Lightfoot and 3 Neil Diamond records at Value Village, and a dozen donuts at Krispy Keene, but of course I didn’t eat them all myself. They do tend to evaporate when I take them home.

I did do a little laundry - remember the coffee fiasco from yesterday? - and I did do a few dishes, but that’s about it.

Neil and Sarah came by, took Howard and me out to dinner, then came back to the house for  a visit, so it was a really nice evening.

And I got some presents! And lots of birthday wishes! 

And checking my ‘archives’ I found this birthday post from 2011, when I obviously had a lot more energy and could still turn yarn into something cool - in this case, a Christmas stocking for a 7 month old Dom. (By the way, he’s just started grade 7.)

...........................................

September 8, 2011

For those of you who wished me a great getting-spoiled birthday, I thought I'd just keep a running list here of things I did today. Then you can decide.
  • Liked the fact that Howard's first words to me this morning were "Happy Birthday." Disliked the fact they were spoken at 4am
  • Had breakfast
  • Knitted some stocking
  • Washed a few dishes, wiped a few counters, same old same old
  • Loved Gabriel, Arianna and Kayla's Happy Birthday photo
  • Watched an episode of The Sopranos, screw Shaw Bloody Digital Cable, I downloaded the complete series
  • Checked a few boxes from the crawl space -Nikkie, I found all your cookie jars, you'd better start baking
  • Listened to Paul Simon's Graceland - best of the best
  • Got rid of two craigslisted boxes of books 
  • Emptied two bookcases and dragged them (or chased them) downstairs
  • Found tight shoes that fit now - I would never had thought I had fat feet - well, I guess I don't any more
  • Grazing all morning
  • Loved Clayton and Tanner's Happy Birthday song on the telephone
  • Really enjoyed fb greetings from friends and family near and far
  • Peed - more than once
  • Watched another episode of The Sopranos. My, I do have quite the life, don't I?
  • Knitted some more Christmas Stocking. Got the reindeer face all messed up, so also unknitted some Christmas stocking. 
  • Unhooked one VCR that wouldn't pick up any channels past 12 and hooked up one that would, so now at least if I know I would miss something on channel  28 I can tape it. Yes, I know I'm behind the times - now I am going to just stick George Jones in my 8 track player and wash my bobby socks...
  • Neil, Shannon, Tanner and Dom just visited for a couple of hours - took home another load of  "stuff."
  • Gonna have some pancakes for lunch - it's my birthday and I'll eat carbs if I want to (plus sugar and fat - my shoes probably won't fit tomorrow)
  • Shoot, Howard will be home in half an hour - my nap just flew out the window. Rats. 
  • Doing absolutely nothing
  • Loved talking to my lovely sister via telephone, and sorry I missed my lovely sister-in-law's call
  • HOWARD TOOK ME OUT TO DINNER - and I had a Birthday Bounty Bar for dessert. Aren't I the lucky one? 
  • Now I'm totally immersed in Coronation Street - happy happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment