Saturday, September 9, 2023

September 9 - Some sweet salty air on this sunny summer day. And no, this post is not brought to you by the letter S.

 Seems like my birthday is extending into a weekend. This morning, after sleeping in until 8 o'clock and , having my toast and coffee, Howard decided we should go to Steveston. Of course l agreed, as Steveston is a lot closer to the sea than we are. It's also the place where the Fraser River, the setting for a lot of our picnics, reaches the Pacific Ocean, so we can smell the salt water and hop over driftwood. Well, truthfully, I can't hop over driftwood any more, but my trusty husband always has a helping hand.

Of course, first stop was the boardwalk for him, and a thrift store for me. There are two thrift stores in the village, but only one was open this early - so obviously, l went to that one, and headed straight for the record section. I found a few that to buy - until I saw the price stickers on them. $15? $20? 

Nope  Glen Campbell and The Poppy Family can just stay where they’re at. (Actually, The Poppy Family one, I believe, was $6. Even so.)

You (meaning I) certainly don’t expect these prices at a thrift store. But when you see drinking glasses on the way out stickered at $10, you realize you don’t fit into their desired clientele.

So, my empty hands and I walked to the pier, where I knew my hubby was waiting and wondering how much longer I would be.


And there he was. On the way back to the car he told me stuff about just every boat at the wharf and the marina, while my mind couldn’t get over $20 records at a thrift store.

Anyway, we hopped in the car and drove to Gary Point Park (or is it Garry? Choose one.) 

We walked along the path for a while (until I realized we’d have to walk back, but not before I grabbed this memory to take home. Beautiful little sunflowers  


As always, he doesn’t like waiting while I snap a few pics. (And anyone who knows this park well, will know this picture was taken as we were walking towards the sunflowers, and not back. Even though I’m not rhyming, we'll still call it poetic license.)


The water was so beautiful, with the sun sending sparkles over it.


And the patterns left in the sand by the moving waves were incredible, too. Nobody human would have the patience to create this!




But by now, there was more on our minds than where our feet went as we were getting hungry, so we headed over to the concession for fish and chips. Because what else are you going to eat at the beach? Certainly not spaghetti, even if it was on their menu.





Yummy.
Another little stroll by the beach, watching a little water-loving pup trying to eat the waves. So cute. 


And that was that. But I’ll leave you with some sweet wave music. 






No comments:

Post a Comment