Sunday, September 3, 2023

September 3 - No frost on the pumpkin yet, but I do have a sweater on standby.

 I think summer has officially packed her bags and has moved on, and that’s fine with me.



To celebrate, I put an extra bedspread on our bed, even though I will probably shove it on the floor sometime during the night.

An extra bedspread, you may ask. ‘Why not a blanket?’

Well, I don’t have a blanket. I have a lightweight bedspread, and got tired of looking at the same pattern day after day (night after night), so bought another lightweight bedspread. So it works this way - one in summer, two in winter.  Although it’s still actually summer, and hopefully winter is a long long time away. 

Anyway, I was looking through my ‘archives’ this afternoon, on a break from a cleaning frenzy, and found this relevant post from 2012, relevant because we had raccoon visitors back then and also now.

By the way, that cute raccoon that used to drop by and nibble a few of MY grapes obviously brought his family (extended) one night and got the whole damn lot. We’ll, they did leave the scattered two or three on some bunches, but I wasn’t comfortable eating grapes that were probably sat on by a raccoon. I’m fussy that way.


JUNE 26, 2012

Should I Get My Ears Checked? and Masked Bandit

I had one of these boring Do Nothing Much days, and accomplished very little. Therefore, I have nothing of significance to write about (which is why I'm using big words.) Chris and Lizzie hung out with us for a while, and part of our Dinner conversation was astounding.

Me: Come on, now, eat your dinner. After all, Nanny is the best cook in all the world - right, Poppy?

Poppy: Right. 

Although it wasn't said with conviction, at least it was said. Well, knock me over with a feather.

Scratch my comment about a boring day. I just realized I have to stop feeding two stray cats that come snooping at my back door, for I just had a really heart-bopping experience. I had my door open so Blackie the Cat could come in, and what should come to the door instead but a bloody big Raccoon. Yes, and my phone camera could only capture the darkness, so I don't have proof. But this guy just stood there looking in, and didn't even run away when I shooed him away. I went out ... he walked a few feet away, then started back casually. I even threw a plastic bowl at him and I swore he said Thanks under his breath. I was freaking out, he just meandered through a hole in the fence, and then the garden rake and I had a panicky search for Blackie . Teaser (yes, I finally named my Used Cat) was already in, and when I found Blackie I grabbed him and we weren't long getting inside and locking the door behind us. There was a point when Teaser and the Raccoon were nose to nose at opposite sides of the glass door, Teaser growling and Raccoon just staring.


Actually, looking back on my experience, Raccoon was rather cute. Maybe I should put some food out for him ..... NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment