Monday, September 18, 2023

September 18 - No hurricane here, just a bit of wind. (Blame it on the goulash.)

 Most fallish of fall days so far this year, and it’s still summer until next week, but as you know, I’m not complaining- yet. 

Yesterday our BBQ master had rain-kissed veggie skewers, but the rain was only a short shower. Today was sunny, but there were wind gusts that shook the huge trees in front of our house, and needless to say, we didn’t go anywhere. Not that I’d have been blown away - I’m not as fat as I was 13 years ago, but I’m still quite safe in a wind storm. It’s just that I haven’t adjusted to the change of seasons yet, and keep forgetting I now have a sweater. 

Rain in the forecast for the next couple of days - it will be nice to see green grass again, although it’s a bit late for the wilted flowers and the brown shrubs. 

Looking back at long ago, it seems I’ve always been sick. I don’t remember always being sick, but reading past posts seems to prove I was. Strange I’m still alive and kicking, actually, so I guess I owe a lot of thanks to the various doctors in my life.

The post below was written after I gave up taking Ramipril (for high blood pressure.) however, I am taking it again now with no effects, so maybe there was something else bothering me back in 2012 - one could imagine who it could have been … I mean, what it could have been. 

*********************

September 18, 2012

Sooooo - feeling better today, no thumping, fluttering, pitter-pattering heart, no headaches (only the two-legged ones that come to suck one dry during a busy busy busy day at work), no dizziness. Good. However, now I'm worried that these pills were the ones that were helping me lose weight. What if they shrank my appetite? Turned me off carbs? What if, Heaven Forbid, they completely turned off my metabolism, and that's what's been keeping the scale so unadventurous lately? What if, now that I've stopped taking them, I once again blow up like a balloon, the week after I took all my too-big clothes to Value Village, and I'll have to go to work dressed in 10-year old Lycra Bicycle shorts and a one-size-fits-all nightshirt?


No comments:

Post a Comment