Tuesday, September 26, 2023

September 26 - What brings readers to a blog? Content? Title? Title, I bet. X-RAYS, SPERM, and GRANNY PANTIES. Prove me wrong.

The post below, for some reason, got the most views for my 2010 blog posts. Can’t figure out why ….


********************

XRAYS, SPERM, and  GRANNY PANTIES...gotta read this now, don't you?

We've both had to have Xrays lately, as we're both getting older and wearing out. Sorta sucks, really, but there's not much one can do about that. I had to have my knee xrayed, as it hasn't been cooperating at all when it comes to the bendy stuff, and that's what my knee's main purpose is. At one time, it was important for berry picking and hauling mussels off the ocean floor - I don't kneed it so much for these fun things anymore, but I do kneed it for stocking low shelves and cleaning behind the toilet. 


Anyhow, I was smrter than one other older lady when I went to get my Xrays, as I wore a skirt, knowing that I could walk in the Xray machine room with my bare naked legs and get those pics taken with no fuss. While I was waiting for my name to be called, people were asked to go into the little tiny cubicles and exchange their attire for Xray appropriate clothing. At one time, the one-size-fits-everyone-but-me blue and backless number was the only choice, but now they have matching knee-length bloomers. The poor lady I mentioned came out of the cubicle wearing the latest style of bloomers, but I guess she never thought to put a pretty bow in the ties at the waist, because as she crossed the waiting room, the bloomers fell down to her knees and she flashed everyone with her granny panties. Because I could see this happening to me in the future, I could not laugh at her, but there were some smirky grins on the surrounding faces. 

What I couldn't help smiling at was the young Asian fashionista who emerged from her cubicle with her pretty blue gown, accessorized with her leather and faux fur vest worn over it and securely belted at her waist.

Howard, as you know, had to have Xrays on his wrist, but what surprised me was that he had to wear a lead apron. No one ever offered me a lead apron. No one ever imagined I would ever have the urge to procreate, but they took for granted that my husband could at any day or time be out there passing viable sperm. Well. I'm not sure what I think about that. Well, actually I do know, but I choose not to share it here.

So life continues. The doctor discovered I have arthritis in my knee, but when he put me on a treatment of Prednisone for asthma, my knee started to get better in the first few days. I'm glad Prednisone didn't know it was supposed to be for my lungs only. Howard's Xrays show nothing that would cause the pain and stiffness in his wrist, so it's still a search for and hopefully find a reason and a cure for that. And we'll both keep hobbling and wheezing and nursing our sore parts as life goes on - the alternative is not an option!

No comments:

Post a Comment