Monday, June 11, 2012

JUNE 11 -I'm Not One To Bitch And Complain, But ...

No eagle this morning, no eagle this evening - you could say this was an eagleless day, if you wanted to make up a new word, that is. In between my two eagleless bus journeys, I toiled bravely through 8 hours of customer service, even though some customers - at least one of them- were quite rude and, after buying the bag of yarn I -yes, I - had on hold, vowed she'd never shop in our store anymore. Huh?

I imagine you are all saying, 'What the heck is she talking about?'

Well, I did have a bag of green Christmas stocking yarn put away, so when I started these special stockings later on this summer, I would be prepared. However, my boss told this gal on Saturday that I probably didn't want it, and gave her the impression that she could come and buy it - all I had to do was call her and tell her she could have it. But I never called her to tell her that, because she couldn't have it, as I needed it, and if I didn't need it, it wouldn't have been in the back with my name on it. (I'm going to take a breath now, and try to calm down.)

So she figures she can just come in and get a 'little bit' of it, as that was all she needed. (Oh yes, a 'little bit' that would probably be free.) But then she needed a 'little bit' to finish off about 8 inches of a blanket. Well, I can tell you, it takes more than a 'little bit' of yarn to knit 8 blanket inches, no matter how small your bloody blanket is.

So I told her she could have it, but she'd have to buy the whole bag, and asked Pauline to ring in the sale. I don't think she had planned to spend  a whole $8, when she only needed a 'little bit.'

 I said, 'Well, part of a bag is no use to me,' and I went back to what I was doing. So she complained to Pauline, said she didn't think I should be angry at her, she was a good customer and bought a lot of yarn at our store (I didn't recognize her, by the way, and neither did Pauline,) and she would find somewhere else to shop and not come back to our store anymore. But she did buy the ... I mean, my .... bag of yarn before she left to shop somewhere else. And she was right, I was mad, both at her for compelling me to let her have the yarn to shut her up, and also at Chris for telling her about MY bag of yarn. So there. Still a bit pissed off, to tell the truth. You can probably tell by my language.

(By the way, if any of you have an auntie or grandma who will soon give you a Christmas green blanket - it definitely wasn't her. Unless of course she asks you to drive her to Michaels.

Other than that frustrating few moments, my day was rather mundane. Nobody tried to sneak free rides on the bus, although the driver refused entry to two gals who had take-out drinks in their hands. One had a cold drink from Tim Horton's with a straw sticking up the middle. He said, "All drinks must be in spillproof containers.' So she pulled her straw out and started to climb in. That was funny. The other gal asked if this was a new by-law, which I thought was pretty funny, because I've never heard of buses having by-laws. The driver said due to the constant messes caused by spilled drinks, they were enforcing the No Drinks No Food Allowed signs that have been at the front of the buses forever. He told them there's another bus coming in 12 minutes, either throw away your drinks, or enjoy your drinks and wait for the next bus.

I guess they decided to enjoy their drinks.

My life may lack excitement, but it's never boring. Usually.

No comments:

Post a Comment