Sunday, June 3, 2012

JUNE 3

Our sunny Sunday started off with rain and single digit temps, which wasn't very June-like. And for once Howard slept in, therefore I also slept in, so had to jump out of bed at seven-thirty, hop in the shower, get breakfast and head to the Sky Train so I wouldn't be late to open the store. I HATE rushing in the morning - in fact I hate doing a lot of things in the morning as I am not an early morning person by nature, and am best left well enough alone for the first hour or so.

I noticed that BC Transit has gone from Poetry on the Sky Train to Art on the Sky Train. One pic caught my eye, and I did try to capture it on my cell phone camera but was unsuccessful. It was a pencil sketch of a packed sky train, black ink on an orange background, and some faces were highlighted with white. Very nice piece of work - it was the words that didn't strike true - The Journey is Half the Fun. So I thought, well, if this is supposed to  be HALF the fun, I guess the other HALF is when you get there - and most of us are on their way to work at this hour of the morning, so guess what, Transit? You're wrong.

A word of warning to those of you who haven't had the new Subway Pizzas yet - they don't put pizza sauce on the pizzas. Just a circle of dough and those familiar veggies that have been sitting in their plastic bins forever. When I questioned their lack of pizza sauce, I was told that it was inside the dough, but nothing squirted out at me when I ate it. I was also told I could have any of their dressings on top if I wanted. Well, guess what, Subway? I didn't.

So, it's an okay choice if you want a circular sandwich with no top, I suppose, but I think I'll pass next time.

Since I didn't get home until after six o'clock, and we needed to pick up some groceries, we were really late getting dinner. Howard had a nice Deliscio Pizza - a step up from the cardboard and Play Dough one he had a few weeks ago, and I had Honey Nut Cheerios. Now he's all tucked up in our nice cosy bed, waiting for my feet to get cold enough to join him - and I'm just waiting for the soup to finish, the laundry to dry, and the Baileys and milk in my glass to evaporate.


No comments:

Post a Comment