Wednesday, June 20, 2012

JUNE 20 - Breehy-hinny-brinny-hoohy-hah, Game of Bat, and a Recipe

If this is summer, I'll take it! Beautiful sunny blue skies, wee bit of a breeze - enough of a weather change to bring about a change for me as well. After my wonderful morning duties, which were walking Chris to school, and sharing Tree House with Lizzie, I plopped myself on the bed with  Howard's and my pillows to watch yesterday's taped episode of Coronation Street, then headed off on a wonderful trip to Walmart.


When I usually go to Walmart, I can count on half an hour of walking each way, plus of course the time it takes to walk around the grocery section about fifty times until I find everything I need. This morning, though, it took me a mere 15 minutes to get there - thanks to Breehy-hinny-brinny-hoohy-hah. (I decided to name my bike after a fictional character in C.S. Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia.)




Needless to say, someone was very disappointed, even though I left through the side door so she wouldn't see me go.
Now, Breehy-hinny-brinny-hoohy-ha can't carry as many groceries as my faithful buggy, but she can take me there and back with very little energy on my part. The first few metres of our journey was slightly uphill, and my thighs were screaming in protest very quickly. However, I (and they) persevered, and by the time we got there and back, everything was fine. I wasn't a bit wobbly, and her tires were still nice and firm, unlike any part of me, so it was all good. It's really nice, actually, to just sit back and let those wheels coast round and round on the nice downhilly parts. I think it was the first time Breehy-hinny-brinny-hoohy-ha saw thousands of buttercups, too.
Chris and Lizzie came by after school, and when Howard came home, we all went out in front, where Chris found a yellow plastic ball. I found the big pink plastic  bat that came with the house, so we fooled around with that for a while. I was the pitcher, and Chris and Lizzie took turns batting and retrieving.
Chris said he loves playing Bat - and this pic shows I should stop fooling around with the buttons on my camera, as I somehow seemed to erase all the colour thingies on it. 
  • Breakfast - Toast (Raisin Toast, of course) and Coffee
  • Lunch - Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich. I would have had a Ham Sandwich, but wasn't sure how that would taste on Raisin Bread. I guess I'm not a very adventurous Foodie. Yogurt.
  • Dinner - Beef Stew with my delicious Crust on top. I know I should have taken a picture before we started to eat - but here's some of what's left. As you can see, the Crust isn't really a crust, it's more of a ..... Bisquick type of stuff, but far better than any Bisquick stuff ever made. This calls for a Beef Stew with Crust Recipe  I guess.

  • Snacks - Diet Pepsi, a few Special K Cracker Chips (and no, not the whole box. At least not yet.) And a Cranberry Muffin, just because I baked some.









No comments:

Post a Comment