Saturday, June 16, 2012

JUNE 16 - I Phone, (now maybe He'll Phone), Poutine, and Muffin Wars

Day 4 off - of course, it didn't just rain, it absolutely poured. I know you can't see the rain falling, but notice the wet driveway, and the vibrantly green grass, which in itself is proof of many waterings.

However, the rain didn't prevent us from heading out - on an I Phone 4 search to replace Howard's crappy not-so-smart phone. Rogers at Metrotown had some in stock, so we bused/skytrained there. It didn't take long for him to choose a colour (choices were black or white) and sign a few papers, and my only request was to eat before we got home.

Metrotown has a humungous food court, with tons of choices - Thai, Mexican, New York (fries, that is), Chinese, Greek, Nandos (which is Portugese chicken), Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese - plus more, with a sweet sprinkling of Dairy Queen and Tim Hortons. So, as  I was deciding which one I would try 'for a change', Howard chooses A&W and I line up with him.


Now some of you may remember my love of The Mozza Burger, and just assume I ordered that. Well, I didn't. I decided to stick to 4 of my favourite basic food groups (salt, gravy, potatoes, and fat) and I chose Poutine. To balance the calories, I ordered a Diet Coke. Yes, it's been a looooong time since I had one bowlful of stuff that offered me over 800 calories and over 40 grams of fat, so you can be sure I thoroughly enjoyed every last bit, as it could very well be the last time I order one. (I didn't even think to take a picture of my A&W poutine, so that proves I wouldn't have made a very good food blogger. I had to steal this pic from a Yahoo image search - it was the first one out of about 10 that I could actually download - however, the sight of it is making me a tad peckish.)




When we got home, Howard played a bit with his phone, and is very happy that he can get satellite maps and images of anywhere. So some of you better be careful, especially if you cavort naked in your back yard. Sometimes it takes so little to make him happy.

If any of you would  like to make some really really good muffins, check out the link below the picture - it will take you to my Better Best Muffin recipe on the Tamar Gets Stuffed recipe blog.

Better Muffins Than The Best Muffins I Used to Make

If you would like to eat some muffins without the work involved, though, just try these: 3 different kinds, Double Chocolate, Butter Tart, and Cinnamon Coffee Cake. Probably not a good idea to buy them on a Saturday, though, as the one I ate (burp) was a bit stale.

In case you think I was too lazy to bake my own muffins today, you are probably right. But I do have 6 loaves of White Raisin Bread trying to rise in my chilly kitchen. I can't believe summer is only 4 days away, and I can't believe we are losing our bragging rights to warm weather. There was heat on the sky train, Howard and I were wearing jackets, and I had to turn on the heat so the bread would rise - but it's still not very warm in here. I guess I have to get a microwave so I can heat up my magic bag - my poor cold feet are not impressed with the temps either.


No comments:

Post a Comment