Thursday, June 28, 2012

JUNE 28 - Boozeless Hangover, Roses and Owls

Really tried to recuperate today at work, but no such luck. I was so glad there was no nasty long list of Things To Do - I found it hard enough to stand behind the counter looking pretty, to tell the truth. Home to bed and  a taped Coronation Street - but then I had to get up to do my 'chores' - a few dishes, Howard's lunch (smell the onions and burgers? I just made him two hamburgers. My tummy's rolling), and off course, my Flog, which on nights like this does seem a chore.

The coffee I had at 5 AM only just barely got me to Steveston, and I had to reinforce it with a Medium (which is really a Large in my opinion) coffee at McDonalds. Of course that came with a Sausage and Egg McMuffin. I ran out of that particular steam late afternoon and tried to replace it with an Iced Mocha - I'm sure all the caffeine will kick in the moment I put my head on the pillow.

I stopped to smell roses that actually smell like roses on my way to work. These beauties are in the park by the Post Office/Tourist Information place/Museum in Steveston. My coffee waited patiently while I waited for the wind to stop blowing the petals. Never happened.

My latest project - aren't they the cutest owl fingerless gloves you've ever seen in your life? I showed them to Howard, but he didn't give a hoot about them.
And on that note - I'm going to chug down my Baileys and shut everything down for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment