Thursday, June 14, 2012

JUNE 14 - Babies Galore (Just Not Human Ones) and Bring On The Carbs

My day started off quite normal - dead on my feet at 5:30, stumbling downstairs in the general direction of a cup of coffee, toast, smoke alarm, and the computer. Between the caffeine and the shrill of the smoke alarm, I wake up enough to enjoy my toast and check out to see what kind of gossip and rumors and cryptic messages are on Face Book. Then, when I am really alert, so as to not overdose or poison myself, I take my  pills.

Now, I don't take many pills, not like some people - two for blood pressure, and one for hypothyroidism, plus an inhaler to keep my asthma under control. I usually take a multi-vitamin, but ran out of them and keep forgetting to buy some. Too bad they don't have a pill for that - forgetting stuff, I mean.

So the morning went fine. I walked Chris to school, and when I came back, I spent a few minutes exploring the Food Network online, and was lucky enough to find two seasons of Dinner Party Wars on video, ready for me to stream at my heart's desire. So I watched three of them while I knitted a couple of bear's arms and legs, and then decided to wash the few dishes that got dirty since last night. And look at what I saw on my pill mini-basket. 
A mother spider felt safe enough to have her 2,387 babies burst out of their egg sac on my kitchen counter. Now it they were puppies or kittens - or even people babies - that would have been amazing. But spiders? Ewwwww. Shiver. Panic.

I wasn't long getting this particular bundle of joy outdoors. I filled my watering can with water, then tried to lift the sticky web of crawlies with a little branch - got most of them in the watering can, but you know, the little buggers were born knowing how to swim. When I checked the can a few hours later, there was a mass of them about the size of a loonie, a little island floating and wiggling on top of the water. A dead spider float, I guess you could call it. So I stirred up things a bit more, and hopefully caused a few more untimely deaths.

Now I'm almost scared to focus on anything, and it's not hard to remain unfocused when you've got one near-sighted eye and one far-sighted eye, especially when neither one of them works very well. I don't want to imagine if there are more egg sacs waiting undisturbed to produce a nightmare. Although, looking back on that comment, I guess I would rather see them than not. I hope my bedcovers aren't floating above me when I wake in the morning.

I think I may have to go back to my original format for my Flog, as I think - no, I know - I am eating a lot more than I would have if I were writing everything down. I am enjoying yummies with a slightest amount of guilt, but I'm not going to enjoy trying to squeeze into too-tight clothes if I don't be more careful. We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment