Monday, June 25, 2012

JUNE 25 - Burgers, Nasty Cars, and Memories

It's 10:16 PM and I get to sit down for a few minutes before bedtime. Where did this day go? I know a lot of it went to work, and work kept me pretty busy (for a change.) After, Howard picked me up at the Sky Train station, and we went to Dairy Queen for dinner - and let me tell ya, Dairy Queen ain't no A&W. But then, one wouldn't expect it to be, would one. My treat, as I sold one of my baby sweaters at work. It's really amazing that this -
- could turn into this -
- and most possibly will soon turn into this -
However. We went to Steve's for a few minutes, where I barely missed a bucket of water that came flying off the patio (not the bucket, just the water that was in it,) and grabbed 3 stalks of rhubarb from the huge plant in his back yard. Then it was home to do Egg Salad and sandwiches for a man's lunch tomorrow (there aren't any leftovers when it comes to fast food) and some Rhubarb Muffins for same lunch. Don't I have a lucky man? Then dishes, coffee - same old, same old.

The best part of my day was chatting to a former colleague of mine from back home. Audrey was the Grade 2 teacher when I was the Grade 4 teacher, and we have a bunch of memories from the 'Good Old Days.' We're meeting up on Wednesday - so be sure to tune in on Wednesday night (assuming Graham or Howard will come up with our bail.)

By the way, still no Eagle sightings. I've just about given up fighting for the Eagle-viewing seats on the bus, and have instead started one of my long overdue Bucket List items - rereading Stephen King's books. I was going to start at Carrie and read them in the order he wrote them. I finished reading Carrie yesterday on the way home, but I screwed up this morning and grabbed Christine on my way to work. It should have been Salem's Lot. Oh well.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - share soup and sandwich day - Lentil Soup, which left a fiery taste in my mouth, and a stale bread sandwich - the first time ever I was disappointed with Steveston Bakery, both in the soup and the sandwich category. 
  • Dinner - Cheeseburger, Fries and diet Pepsi
  • Snacks - wafer bar, ice-cream (not Dairy Queen, though) NO hot chocolate though! and NO pudding! (now I want pudding.)
ps - don't tell Christine I called her a Nasty Car

No comments:

Post a Comment