Saturday, June 30, 2012

JUNE 30 - Flowers, Rain and zzzzzzzzzzzzz

This was really a Day Off - a day off from everything. Steve and I drove (well, Steve drove, I sat) to Richmond this morning to pick up a trunk, and on the way back we stopped at a Flea Market. No fleas, but Steve was so happy - there was a guy selling off nursery plants at $5 per flat. So we filled the truck, came home, and when Howard saw them, he and Steve went back for more.
 Geraniums - how gorgeous are they? I remember Nurse Morris from 'back home' had her front porch (sunroom?) decked out with geraniums.
Two hanging baskets for $8 each. Even though today was another ultra-rainy day, the truck carried beauty home. If it's not raining tomorrow (which it's supposed to do, even though it's Canada Day and hopefully the clouds will take their stat holiday) I may come home from work to a more blooming garden.

In the afternoon, I just became a boneless jellyfish and lounged around, napping inbetween happenings on a taped Coronation Street, and finishing off Christine between those. I popped leftover Fish from last night in the oven to heat up for supper - I thought it was fine, Howard not so much. Then just as I was deciding to go to bed for a really early night, I realized I have 3 days of work coming up and I needed to do laundry. So I'm tapping and the washer's swishing.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Ham and Cheese Sandwich, Yogurt
  • Dinner - Fish, Fruit Salad 
  • Snacks - Even though there is nothing in the house to eat, I managed to snack on and off during the day. Since most of this was done during my dozing off hours, I can't remember what I ate though. Hopefully it wasn't my pillow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment