Sunday, June 24, 2012

JUNE 24 - Sky Train, Rerun, and Boredom

Seems like a lot of people don't bother going to work on Sunday morning, so I got the 'driver's seat' on the Sky Train this morning. It reminded me of when Howard and I went Double Decker Busing when we had the miniest of all mini vacations on  Vancouver Island  a few years ago.
Here's the view in front of me, sitting on a still train looking over King George Boulevard towards Surrey Central Mall. Howard was the first one of us to notice, shortly after we moved here, that the mall's top is shaped like an airplane. It is a bit hard to see it in this picture - if I had known I would get the pilot's seat, I would have brought the real camera and its zoom lens.

It's not really easy to get a good picture with the train rumbling on the tracks at God knows how many miles per hour. I also forgot I wasn't really good with heights, and the train does travel a bit high, and it is especially scary when the track disappears in a curve just a few feet ahead.  Here we are travelling over the Sky Bridge, way up high above the Fraser River. I don't think I'll sit in this seat again.
The day passed in a kind of blur. Work wasn't very busy, but the day seemed to pass quickly. I got off the bus at the Richmond Centre on my way home to pick up my 2 knitting magazines - although I was so engrossed in finishing Stephen King's Carrie that I almost missed the stop. Howard had dinner almost ready when I got home, and then there were a few Had-To-Do Things before I earned the right to sit and tap. It will soon be bedtime, and I think I'll be asleep as soon my head touches the pillow.
  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Ham and Cheese Sandwich, Hot Chocolate, Wafer Bar
  • Dinner - Sloppy Joe hamburger stuff with Bread, Yogurt
  • Snacks - Wafer bar, a tiny can of Ginger Ale, and a couple of toffee candy, and a Fruit Smoothie

No comments:

Post a Comment