Tuesday, June 19, 2012

JUNE 19 - back to my Flog

Tomorrow is the first day of Summer, although everybody I mentioned that to today disagreed with me, and said summer started on June 21.  I wouldn't have said it if I didn't know for sure. I figured that since this was a Leap Year, Summer was scheduled to start a day early, and the calendar I was looking at couldn't possible be wrong. After checking on the World Wide Web, I find my calendar and I are right (ahem.) Summer usually does start on June 21, but in the next Leap Year, which is 2016 (2016 divided by 4 = 504), it will start on June 20 also. So much for that.

I'm glad my 3 day work-week has finally come to an end, and I get to enjoy a whole big 4 Day Offs. Unfortunately, they always go by so quickly. I'm not sure what exciting adventures await me - hopefully something, as my posts lately are boring even me.

  • Breakfast - Coffee and nice White Raisin Bread Toast 
  • Lunch - half a Veggie Sandwich and a sparkling water from Steveston Coffee Co - these sandwiches are really, really delish, and my lunch today cost just over $5, which was a fine deal
  • Dinner - Howard really enjoyed dinner tonight, as he cooked most of it. I cooked the Rice-a-Roni, under his watchful eye.  'Aren't you putting too much water in that?'  'No, that's what is calls for.' 'I would only put in half that much.'  'If you don't like the way I make it, why didn't you make it yourself?' (Someone always shuts up then.) And when we sat down to eat the lovely meal, which included chicken drummies, fries, Rice-a-Roni and gravy, I asked him if he liked the rice, which was superbly delicious and just the right amount of moistness - and he replied, 'It's okay.'
  • Snacks - Hot Chocolate, to warm my frozen bones after a chilly bus ride preceded by a ten-minute wait at 22nd Street Station, the coldest bus stop in the Lower Mainland, a SMALL slice of Cranberry -get this- Omega 3 - Bread, yogurt, banana, and a little bit of Chocolate Pudding. Sounds like a lot, doesn't it. Oh yes, I forgot, I made a Baileys and Milk when I got home and it's sitting around somewhere, I forgot all about it, so if I find it, I will probably drink that too. Although I guess I could keep it for breakfast since I don't have to go to work tomorrow .....





No comments:

Post a Comment