Friday, February 1, 2013

My Flog for February 1 - Better Than Sitting and Watching TV All Day, I Suppose .... Maybe ....

Well, this writing down of everything I eat is not working, as this morning I weighed in at 172 - a pound heavier than January 1. I guess I have to rethink my muffin intake.

Today's spontaneous trip, which Pauline and I had planned last week, was cancelled as she had other more important things to do. So hopefully the spontaneity will happen next Friday instead. We'll see. Instead, I made yet another trip to Richmond, to get a new prescription to replace  the one I lost on Monday. While waiting for the bus to take me to Steveston to get my paltry little check I was reminded that yes, indeed, I was back in Richmond - this was an ad on the bus shelter wall.
I would think it's in celebration of Chinese New Year, but as I'm Canadian and can't read this language, I'm just guessing.

However, the road to Steveston had a gift - a bunch of snowdrops growing by the sidewalk. These are not the ones I saw today, though, as I was looking out a bus's dirty window, but believe me, the two bunches could have been identical twins.
Spring is just around the corner, and I can't wait. Neither can Breehy, she's lonely standing in 'my room' all by herself all winter long.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - nothing, nada, nil - I was so busy bussing here and skytraining there I forgot to get lunch. By the time I realized I was HUNGRY it was too close to dinner.
  • Dinner - Scrambled Eggs and Fried Bologna - I was too hungry to wait for Howard to cook food, so I got a couple of fry pans on the stove, and made a feast for Steve and me - he had spent a day at work with nothing but fruit cake and coffee, so he was almost as hungry as me.
  • Snacks - yes, another muffin, and a piece of cake - trying to get rid of the hunger echoes - and a few toffee candy ... and a glass of milk



No comments:

Post a Comment