Saturday, February 16, 2013

My Flog for February 16 - Another Boring Day

Deja Vu - although I did get outdoors for a while. I took all the pop cans to the Return It! Depot on 88th Avenue, and made a whopping $7.70, which is a nickel short of a day's bus fare to work and back.

Howard won't go back to this particular depot. The first time he went there, he passed in a whack of beer cans before he realized they weren't giving full deposit - only 7c instead of the 10c. There was no signage regarding prices, but there was a huge sign saying Full Deposit on Liquor Containers. To make his long story short - the little Chinese guy behind the counter wasn't long counting all his beer cans back to him when he realized he was mad enough to jump the counter to get them himself. I wasn't there. Wish I was.

No, come to think of it, glad I wasn't. Because if I were, I wouldn't have the face to bring the pop cans there, and it's the only depot close enough for me to walk with a Georgia full of cans with a full garbage bag perched on top.

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Primo Beef and Barley Soup (50c worth, the other half is going to work with me in the morning), Orange sections and Banana slices (poor man's fruit salad)
  • Dinner - French Fries (made by Howard, who actually peels the spuds - I just scrub them) and leftover pork and gravy. None left now.
  • Snacks - My kind of Trail Mix (butterscotch chips and raisins), and my new favourite yogurt - Cranberry Raspberry. Oh my, so good.




No comments:

Post a Comment