Wednesday, February 20, 2013

My Flog for February 20 - Rhymes to Riches, Non-Exciting Day, and There's Pie In The Kitchen (But No Muffins)

I can't believe this is Post # 600. Wow. I amaze myself. However ....

I just watched the news, and saw a clip about a young feller from Halifax who writes poems on request, and charges a buck each. And I thought, if I had a dollar for every poem I wrote, I would probably have enough money to buy ... well, something or other. So, tonight I will give you a poem, and if you like it, you can send me a dollar. And we'll go from there. (You don't really have to send me a dollar, although if 100,000 of you do, I could quit my job, and I would really appreciate that. So please hit Share on your Facebook Page .... )

it's winter still, and i'm not happy
winter weather is so crappy
it's cold and rainy, and methinks
that winter stinks

soon will be spring and i'll be pleased
my smile will reach from ear to ear
i'll ride my bike all through the city
cos spring is pretty

There. I'm pretty sure that's worth a dollar. Don't you?

However - it was a winter day. I woke up to grey skies, raindrops, and temps in the lower single digits. Needless to say, I went nowhere, did little, and still sort of enjoyed my day. I:

  • watched TV
  • read about Scotland
  • did a teeny bit of housework, so little it didn't even hurt
  • cooked dinner
  • spent time with Chris and Lizzie
  • played Solitaire
There. Wasn't that exciting?

  • Breakfast - Toast and Coffee
  • Lunch - Beans (leftover from the leftover beans Howard had for lunch yesterday), Yogurt (now I'm yogurt-less, so maybe I'll go to the store tomorrow if spring shows its nose)
  • Dinner - Stewed Fish and Potatoes
  • Snacks - Banana, and maybe a small piece of Apple Pie in a little while. Maybe not, but probably. And there may be ice-cream on top of it (or at least on the side, as the pie will be warm and the ice-cream will  fall off)
There. That was exciting too, right? It's going to be so hard to settle down after such an exciting day, but I will try. Next on my list is Coronation Street and American Idol - the fun never ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment